CARSON OAKS COMMUNITY CHURCH
POSITION: Secretary of the Executive Board
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Reports directly to the Moderator, while remaining accountable to the Executive Board.
PURPOSE: Provides clerical assistance to support the Executive Board
- Person of faith, dedication and good judgment
- Manner of life demonstrates the Christian gospel in the church and the world
- Active member, bible study and prayer meeting
- Regular attendance at worship
- Active participation in the life of the church
- Financial giving (consistency of giving not amount)
- Demonstrates personal spiritual maturity and integrity
- Is in theological agreement with COCC mission and vision statements
- Has relevant education and/or related experience to qualify for this position and is willing to pursue further education and training in secretarial work
- Proficient in the English language
- Proficient in grammar, spelling and sentence construction
- Knowledge of computer technology to enhance the quality of work and programs
- Learn new software and implement its use as requested
- Efficient, organized and excellent with details
- Issues notices of upcoming meetings of the church Executive Board.
- Prepares the agenda that was set by the moderator.
- Takes minutes at the meetings and distributes the meeting minutes.
- Takes minutes at congregational meetings.
- Maintains records of the bylaws of the church, including any changes.
- Responds to any correspondence addressed to the church executive board.
- Is a voting member of the Executive Board.
TERM OF OFFICE:
Elected by regular members of Carson Oaks Community Church by ballot during the annual congregational meeting and serves a three year term.