CARSON OAKS COMMUNITY CHURCH
POSITION: Financial Secretary
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Reports directly to the Executive Board
PURPOSE: Tracking the contributions of each member of the congregation and reporting those contributions to church leadership and the congregation at large.
- Person of faith, dedication and good judgment
- Manner of life demonstrates the Christian gospel in the church and the world
- Active member
- Regular attendance at worship, bible study and prayer meeting
- Active participation in the life of the church
- Financial giving (consistency of giving not amount)
- Demonstrates personal spiritual maturity and integrity
- Is in theological agreement with COCC mission and vision statements.
- Have relevant education and/or related experience to qualify for this position and is willing to pursue further education and training in financial secretary work.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Knowledge of computer technology to enhance the quality of work and programs
- Learn new software and implement its use as requested
- Efficient, organized and excellent with details
- Must be bonded
- Counts the tithes and offerings each week, summarizes categories of contributions collected at each service on to offering tally sheet. Provide copy of offering tally sheet to Church Treasurer.
- Keep records of each member’s contributions. Prepare year-end contribution statements for distribution to members.
- Report the contributions to the executive board meetings.
- Provide the executive board with financial information to help them make decisions about special fundraising efforts.
- Purchase any supplies necessary to complete his/her job expeditiously.
- Choose substitutes who will count the tithes and offerings in the financial secretary’s absence.
- Keep a record of special gifts and sends thank you letters for them.
- Notify those who have lost loved ones of contributions made in that person’s name.
- Attend Budget / Finance Committee meetings and assist in developing annual general operating budget.
- Is a voting member of the Executive Board.
TERM OF OFFICE:
Elected by regular members of Carson Oaks Community Church by ballot during the annual congregational meeting and serves a three year term.