The New Year

By Paul Stanley

December 27, 2016

Well my friends, Christmas is now in the past and today we are are five days away from the start of a new year. I am sure that many of us are thinking about what we will do different, how we will make some minor, or in some cases, major, changes to our lives, our diets, our exercise plans and maybe even our relationship with the Lord.

And then, like so many, about six weeks in, we find ourselves giving up, getting lazy, neglecting discipline and falling right back into the same old ways of doing things and doing exactly what we said we were not gong to do.

And that is frustrating....

I wish I had a neat little plan to share with you that makes it to where all of your plans and resolutions would be successfully carried out, but I do not. But, perhaps I can share with you my way, that has proved successful more times than it has failed me. Maybe it only works for me, I don't know, but I will share it nonetheless, in hopes it will help you.

1. Above all things put knowing God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit above ALL else. Be in regular communion with Him in prayer, study and worship.

2. Prayerfully determine that you are done with always looking down the road at who you want to be and start being that person.

3. Seek the scriptures daily for wisdom and encouragement about who you are to God.

4. Pray for discipline!

5. Surround yourselves with like minded people. It is likely that you will only rise to the level of those around you. Beware of those who have the tendency to drag you back down. Do not listen to those who say you cannot do it.

6. Be satisfied with baby steps!For example; if you start lifting weights to improve your health and strength, understand you will not bench press 300 pounds right away. It takes time. Or if you miss some days in your bible-in-one-year plan, do not give up; catch up! And keep moving forward.

7. Do not let the world dictate to you what is joy and what is success.

8. Quit giving up and find people to be in relationship[p who will not let you give up...on anything! Oh yeah, and you will not always enjoy seeing them because they will push you!

9. Tell yourself from the very beginning that it will not be easy. If it were easy, everyone would do it!

10. Look at your goals as a discipleship[p process and not as something that gains approval from others, or even God. He already approves of you and loves you fully and unconditionally. He will not love you less or disapprove of you if you stumble trying to meet your goals. Just think of it as developing yourself as a disciple; one goal, one step at a time. And look forward to your success.

I hope some of this works for you. It has helped me in the past and it was not always easy. But I believe in you and God believes in you and I think it is time for you to believe in yourself! You got this!

God bless you and your family in 2017. I pray that we all meet new goals and reach to new heights in the coming year. All for the glory of God and the good of His kingdom!

Keywords: new year
Blog Archive
Related Topics
Comments (11) - Post a Comment
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness! Always !!!
Julie Horton at 3:51pm EST - December 27, 2016
Amen, especially number eight...I'd rather be pushed in love than discouraged in hypocrisy or judged in hate any day of the week.
Suzanna Cloward at 7:26pm EST - December 27, 2016
Your good knowledge and kindness in playing with all the pieces were very useful. I don’t know what I would have done if I had not encountered such a step like this.
julia at 1:43pm EDT - April 29, 2017
Iranna at 1:19am EDT - June 17, 2017
You should share some of your plans for this year if you have any. I will gladly read about them. If you need someone to write a paper for you - feel free to call me.
Jerry at 11:54am EDT - August 21, 2017
Hi there I am so thrilled I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

halloween images 2017
halloween wallpapers 2017
halloween pictures 2017
halloween wishes 2017
Happy halloween at 12:07pm EDT - September 20, 2017
Iure obcaecati dolorum facere fugiat rerum amet molestias molestiae lorem vero est amet in et porro dolore
Wallace Shelton at 8:11am EST - December 9, 2017

The ecclesiastical historian Socrates Scholasticus attributes the observance of Easter by the church to the perpetuation of its custom, "just as many other customs have been established", stating that neither Jesus nor his Apostles enjoined the keeping of this or any other festival. Although he describes the details of the Easter celebration as deriving from local custom, he insists the feast itself is universally observed.

Read more about happy easter images and funny easter pictures
good friday images in hd at 5:39am EDT - March 22, 2018
Thanks for sharing wonderful messages.
Eid ul Adha Qurbani Videos at 2:04pm EDT - July 8, 2018
Wow, amazing post!
First Touch Soccer 2018 at 2:05pm EDT - July 8, 2018
Nice blog. Fantastic! I love this much
fun games for school unblocked
himantaden at 10:58pm EST - December 7, 2018